Monday, September 22, 2008

No, For Real this Time...

We're going to a show.

The last time Zydeco and I were going to a show, he made a valiant effort to end his life. So, SHHHHHH. We're not telling him. I've specifically told my mother and my coach to not mention the word SHOW near the horse. For the love of God, let him remain alive until we make it to the 28th of September.

Zydo and I have switched majors, so to speak, since my magnificent falls off of horses. (Neither were actually magnificent or falls. They were actually just gentle tumbles. One was even in slow motion. Sigh.)

At any rate, we are hoping to arrive at the 28th of September without any major open wounds or loss of limb.

The show is a dressage show, one that is not Zydeco's favorite discipline, nor is it my strength. Dressage requires concentration and actual riding ability, neither of which I have.

Regardless, I am thrilled to be taking the wondrous and amazing Zydeco out for the world to see.

Hopefully I don't end up with grass stains on my butt and tears on my face.

The object of the exercise is to remain with one leg on either side of the horse. (So saith the great Ian Millar.)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Donna @ Snowbound said...

Good luck! It sounds like a wonderful experience.

4:06 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home