Friday, August 15, 2008

Let The Show Begin...

Zydeco and I are heading off to our first show in seven days. Well, technically, eight days, but seven days from now I'll be clipping and bathing and brushing and shining.

I have to say that I am absolutely thrilled that my coach has found a show that Zydo can enter. The problem with Zydo is (And this is the ONLY time I will ever say 'problem' and 'Zydo' in the same sentence, because he is ever the perfect horse) that he has arthritis. It is quite manageable at this point, but the medication he takes precludes him going in a recognized show.

I've wept over this countless times, because there is nothing I want more than to take my perfect boy over fences for all the world to see. Were it my choice, I would buy him a bionic leg and take him straight to the Olympics.

I am entering him in two command classes and one class over small X-rails. This is minimally due to his arthritis, and mostly due to my lack of skill as a rider.

Here you see Zydo and I leaping over a log fence. I love this picture because of the look on his face. If you put a fence in front of this horse, he perks right up and his expression states clearly that he MUST proceed towards it at a perfect pace, bound effortlessly over top of it, and land on the correct lead every time.



I know that, in reality, this show is really not a big deal, but I could be going to the Olympics for all the excitement I'm feeling right now. I have no idea if we will be good enough to warrant a ribbon or not; I don't really care.

I just know that I'm taking my boy to a show, that he will do exactly as I ask, and that he will be amongst the most dashing horses there.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home