Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Let's Evaluate, Shall We?

5:Something a.m.: Awakened by the Precious Boy creeping ever so creep-a-liciously into my bed.

Clearly, he has Down Duvet envy.

6:35 a.m.: Creeping into the shower in the dark, so as not to wake the Precious Boy.

7:10 a.m.: After having dressed and fixed my hair in the dark, I walked into the living room, taking note of a rather suspicious odor.

7:11 a.m.: It seems that the Bird Dog has had a bathroom accident, the likes of which is not to be believed. I take it as an omen that when you start your day, quite literally with piles of crap, it won't be a good one.

7:30 a.m.: Head out to work placement.

8:00 a.m.: Get into a car loaded with crazed teenagers and drive to placement.

9:00 a.m.: Arrive at placement.

Until 3:00 p.m.: Contemplate stabbing myself in the eye, repeatedly, with the spoon I packed to eat my Easy Mac with.

4:00 p.m: Working. All the time working.

Until 9:30 p.m.: On an outing with the kids at work.

10:00 p.m.: Arrive at home, feeling slightly light headed and wondering why I didn't drink that fourth cup of coffee.

10:30 p.m.: Check my bank account to see if I had enough money to pay my car insurance.

10:34 p.m.: See that the insurance payment went out.

10:35 p.m.: I have seventy five cents left in my bank account.

In sum, my day started with a ginormous pile of shit, and ended with an overwhelming amount of nothingness.

Oddly enough, my humor is still good, and I'm drinking non-caffeinated, non-caloric, non-alcoholic, low sodium cola.

Clearly, the medication is working.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home