Saturday, July 15, 2006

The picture you've all been waiting for....

Me with my sexy new guitar!! Hurrah!!

It's safe to say that I've been playing non-stop since I got home from the berry farm. I've written three new songs, two of which are ok and one of which is kind of ridiculous and cheesy. It's hard to write a song that's not cheesy, let me tell you.

I'm also coming to terms with the fact that I soon have to go back to the city. I need to job hunt and settle in at my apartment with my trusty roomie.

I'm just not sure that I can face leaving the comforts and familiarity of the country and get back into city-me mode. I really do feel and act like a different person in the city. I'm not even sure why. I don't feel like I can face another year of classes, of total financial stress, of finals and papers and studying: but at the same time, I know that I have to, and that really, there is no other choice.

At any rate, this year I'll be going into school knowing it's my final year, I have a sexy new guitar, and a cat who turns one on August the eighth.

The debate over whether or not to throw her a birthday party rages on.

Toonses

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY AMANDA...
LOVE THE NEW GUITAR!!! CONGRADS, AND HAPPY BELATED BDAY....CANT WAIT FOR YOU TO COME BACK TO OTTAWA IN THE FALL, WE'LL HAVE TO GO OUT AND HAVE A FEW DRINKS!!! ALSO I WOULD LIKE TO ADD THAT IF YOU THROW YOUR CAT A BDAY PARTY, I WOULD DEFINITELY BE THERE WITH BELLS ON!!! LOL, ANYWAYS LATER DUDE!!!

9:04 p.m.  
Blogger Smilin Tweety said...

Congrats on the guitar - it's rockin!

8:41 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home