Thursday, June 22, 2006

AAAAAUUUUUUGGGHHHHHH!!!

Guess how my birthday went?

Guess! Guess! Guess!

I'll give you a little hint:

This is a pearl inlay.

A pearl inlay of what, you may ask?

This!

This whole picture-adding thing is taking forever. I hope to get the rest of the pics up tomorrow.

I am now the proud owner of a Gibson ES137. It is beautiful. It is perfect.

I'll tell you now that since long before I ever played guitar, I wanted one. My brother was 16 when he got his Gibson for a birthday present, and I've desperately wanted one since then. Since before my fingertips ever graced a guitar with their presence, I wanted one.

I never thought I would own a Gibson. I truly didn't. Me playing on a Gibson is akin to Ian Miller offering me Big Ben to ride at the county fair.

I spent all day today in awe of the fact that this is mine.

My parents rock.

Toonses

3 Comments:

Blogger Donna @ Snowbound said...

Awesome! Happy Birthday Toones!!What a great gift!!

2:23 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! I'm starting to think they have a secret inheritance they aren't telling you about: first you get the laptop, then you get the gibson.

Congrats and happy playing!

12:44 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you got your dream gift. Looking forward to see you playing it.

11:56 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home