Saturday, June 10, 2006

I've been tagged!

This has never happened to me before! But, I've been tagged in a blogger game, so I have to answer these questions. Hopefully my internet connection doesn't die before I finish...

One body part you'd like to change? I choose.... I'm not sure. Probably my jiggliness. I know it's not one body part, per se, but its one part of my body that I'm currently not liking too much.

Describe your ideal Saturday: Hhhmmm... No work, obviously. I'd like to wake up nicely hung over from a night out with my favorite girls. Then I'd make everyone brekky, because I love me some brekky. Then, Id read or watch a good movie, take a nice long nap, wake up, shower, and have a relaxing evening. Preferably back at the ranch.

What have you got for leftovers in your fridge? Ew. Don't go there. I need to clean it today before my roommate comes home. There is some hamburger Helper that is about three weeks old, and some Ceasar salad that is about the same age.

You get to travel back in time for one day. how far back do you go and why? I'm not sure what time exactly, but I'd like to go back in time and spend a day with my Great-Grandmother when she was a young married woman raising kids. (My grandfather was born in the twenties, so about that time). She had no water, no electricity, she milked cows and worked like a crazy thing. At the same time, she raised some nice kids and had a lot of happy memories. I'd like to spend a day knowing her (She passed away when I was five) and seeing how she managed it all. Imagine milking cows without machines? Shoveling manure without a stable cleaner? Raising babies without Pampers? Gah!

If you had one hour with the President, what would you say to him? Probably not much. I'd like to know alot abouyt the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. I'd like to know what's really behind them, aside from the totally biased information we get from the media. But I doubt he'd want to discuss that with a random 21 year old Canadian Girl.

One body part you'd never change? My heart and all its contents.

Your most favorite thing about motherhood? Not being one? Just kidding. I have no kids. BUT, I can tell you my most favorite thing about aunt-hood. I love hearing my nephew say "I love you, Auntie". I especially love it when he comes to me before his bed time and says "I can come into your roo for a cuddle in the morning, right Auntie?" And most of all, I love it when the little gaffer wraps his tiny little arms around my neck and says "I love you thhhiiiiiissssss much!" and squeezes with all his might. When my neice smiles at me and plays little baby games with me, my heart just melts.

Ultra-violet rays or tan-in-a-bottle? I get tanned naturally each summer from working on the berry farm. Even though I use SPF 30 sunblock every day, reapplying it two or three times during a twelve hour shift, I still get pretty dark. It lasts all summer. In the winter I just stay pasty white. I can't imagine me trying to use the fake stuff. I'd turn myself orange and splotchy. Despite all my education, I'm not clever enough to use beauty products.

You have an unlimited expense account; what three things do you buy first? Now that's my kind of question! First, I put a huge addition onto my parents' house. It's big enough to have a large, beautiful bathroom with heated floors, a whirlpool bathtub, and a large vanity with matching curtains, rugs, towels, everything. Also in the addition is a large study with a big, mahogany desk and a polar bear rug. (Sheepskin would do, I suppose, if I couldn't find a polar bear one. I think Polar Bear rugs are probably illegal, anyways.) The upstairs of the addition would be a large, open concept bedroom with a couple of bunkbeds and maybe two queen size beds in it, for when my brother and his wife, my grandmother, and other family members come to stay at Christmas. We always end up having to play musical beds to accommodate our guests.

Next, I'd buy ALL my favorite TV shows on DVD.

Finally, I'd buy myself a whole whack of new guitars, and a Martin guitar for my mom.

Least favorite thing about motherhood? All the vomit involved. Little kids throw up all the time. And they have terrible aim.

It's ten p.m. Do you know where your children are? No, but perhaps God does.

Thanks for tagging me, my friend who is Snowbound in the Yukon!

Who else in the world should I tag? BigMan and Joomy, of course!! I expect answers stat!

Toonses

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your mom plays guitar?

Thanks for the tag! I will do it shortly! :)

Your answers were so insightful and sweet.

4:01 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who else in the world should I tag? BigMan and Joomy, of course!! I expect answers stat!

Tagging, all the time tagging. ;)

Answer to the Tag

8:06 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home