Friday, May 26, 2006

This is me getting famous....

I recorded last night.

It rocked my socks.

Totally.

It rocked my socks like rocking my socks was recording's job.

I got my second song called "Do You Know" down with one take of the guitar, and one take of the singing. ONE TAKE. That's huge. The last time I recorded, it took eight hours (count 'em up, Boys! Eight hours!) to make five minutes of music. Last night I got two songs down in less than three hours.

I learned so much the other night about styles and opinions with regards to making music. It's really hard to explain, because the first time I recorded was such an awesome experience. But I found it very stressful and difficult. It was sort of mechanical and really hard for me to follow because my music is so personal to me.

I did one song for a competition that I heard advertised in a magazine. Who knows if these things are legitimate, but it's a chance to get some feedback, and feedback from professionals is about all I'm hoping for at this point. (Of course, in my daydreams, a dude like Simon Cowell gets my CD and lyric sheet, and decides to fly me into Hollywood in hopes of having my first single released next Tuesday, but really... ?) I did the one song, called She Said, because if it gets pirated, or if it gets shot down, I won't be terribly disappointed. It's one of my better songs, but in terms of it being personal to me, it's not. It's the only song I've ever written that has no real bearing on my life.

It was wierd for me to sing and write about something that's not my life. It was hard, too, because I know how everyone knows my songs and how much they are about the real me. I'll sing a new one and my best friend will roll her eyes and say "I wonder who that's about!"

Next week I'm going home again. I hope that I can get the song out to the competition and get my biography and pictures done. My mom has a new digicam. I'm thinking me, in a red sundress, with my hat and guitar, sitting on the fender of the John Deere. If that doesn't scream "I'm a country girl!", then I don't know what does. I'm also hoping to call my brother's friend again and see if he can't record me two more songs.

Life is good. Very Good indeed.

Toonses

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, so when am I going to get a copy of the mp3's to add to my collection of Amanda songs?

8:26 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you Amanda,I am glad you finally did it, after all you are a good country singer!

8:40 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so happy for you !! Great work AMANDA!!!

AZIA

10:57 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!!

Way to go...I can't wait till you start getting feedback. I hope you'll be bringing your geetar now that you're driving in a big car to camp!

Must feel great to strike another item off your to do list!

11:46 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home