Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I want to get famous, Dammit!

For years now I have been toying with the idea of releasing a demo CD. (Hah. I just said releasing. What I really meant by that was "Begging people in the know to listen to my songs")

Making a portfolio isn't that tricky. The web is full of how-tos and such. Pretty much, I need a general picture of me, and a head shot. I need three of my best songs, lyrics included, and and a one page biography. This I can handle. Hell, my best friend's boyfriend works at a John Deere dealership. If that isn't a country singer's dream photo shoot, I don't know what is.

But why is it that summer after summer passes that I simply don't put it together?

I know, deep down, that the chances of someone wanting to sign little ol' me from the little ol' ranch in little ol' NowheresVille, Canada are slim to none.

But at the same time, I know that when I wake up on my fortieth birthday with a house full of screaming kids and a mortgage to deal with, I'm really, really going to regret not doing this. At the very least, I'll have a drawer full of rejection letters that will say "Hey, Girl, you tried!"

Part of me wants to promise myself and my blog right now that I will not, under any circumstances, let another year go by where I don't put together a portfolio.

But part of me knows how silly that would be, because the chances of me not doing it are greater than the chances of me actually getting around to it.

I need a serious kick in the butt over this. I need to do this for myself.

Off to ponder it a while longer.

Toonses

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

DO IT DO IT DO ITTTTT!!!!

11:00 p.m.  
Blogger Momma Star said...

Oh do it.

The mortgage and screaming kids come a lot sooner than 40, and there's a lot of years after that to have regrets.

12:36 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home