Monday, January 25, 2010

I'm Making Changes...

The new job I got accepted to is a casual/on-call position.

Nothing is more frustrating than working casual/on-call.

Because of the nature of this work, I have to keep my current full time job while making myself known as a casual employee while I apply to all the full time positions. I've had a number of interviews and they all go swimmingly: I show up wearing pants, with my hair brushed, looking like a sane and rational member of this society.

The problem is that I haven't had enough casual experience and I can't get enough casual experience due to the demands of my current job.

Like everything else, there is a viscious cycle going on here and I DON'T LIKE IT.

I told myself when I started that I would give it six months and then start going in another direction, whatever that direction may be.

I have another interview tomorrow and I am just so sad that I am not at Mal's to have her dress me in her attire before giving me a pep talk and a breakfast of Eggs Benedict and sending me on my way. My couch and I have been bonding quite a bit of late, and this, too, needs to change.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home