Tuesday, May 22, 2007

And it starts...

A number of people have probably been curious as to why I haven't been seeking out some kind of employment since I finished school. I will fully admit that part, or even most, of the reason lies in the fact that I am a huge lazy-ass. The other part is that I begin my duties as a berry farm field manager in mid-June. The other part is that SuperNan begins radiation on this Tuesday the twenty second, and I want to be there every step of the way.

I feel a little bit bad for hogging up my mom at this time, but the two of us manage to have a pretty good time together. Our taste in music is generally the same, although when I start blaring out the Megadeth, she tends to run screaming from the room. I also tend to pop the clutch more than she does, and as a result she does ninety-nine percent of the driving when we go on outings together. I know that several other people want to take my mom to her treatments, because as cancer has taught me, there are many, many wonderful people out there who want to help out a friend or family member.

The thing is that SuperNan and I have a deep-seated understanding of one another's love for beverages from Tim Horton's consumed in a car with country music coming from the stereo. We know when to be quiet, when to turn up the radio, and when to chat about whatever it is we need to chat about.

At this point, life is getting kind of busy. I'm not sure if I'll have the same amount of time to post here as I usually do when I'm unemployed and sitting about the house doing nothing. I hope to get started on my plans for the barn and for my garden, and between that and radiation, who knows how much time I'll have for the Internet?

At any rate, I will be here as much as I humanly can be.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home