Tuesday, March 06, 2007

A Toy For Toonses....

I got a new toy today! I bought myself an RCA 1Gig MP3 player! And I love it! I haven't had portable music since I was fourteen or fifteen, and I guess you never really know what you have until it's gone because man, how much did I miss having music on me at all times?

The shopping experience was had with a dear friend from class who happens to be a Dane as well. We are a great bunch, us Danish Chicas.

We tried five stores before we found one that was A) Incredibly cheap and B) Looks sturdy enough for me to drop in the snow and then stomp on. Because we all know that is exactly what I'm going to d oto it.

The service at The Source by Circuit City was terrible. I was wandering around the store trying to find something I liked, and finally a Dude came over to me to ask what I wanted. I told him I wanted to look at MP3 players, and he directed me to a locked cabinet and walked away.

I was fairly taken aback because A) I'm incompetent in the way of all matters technological and B) I was wearing my very best push-up bra! I mean, come on. The ladies may not be that noticeable under fifteen layers of cloth meant to stave off the -40 degree weather, but they were there! What does it take for a pair of boobs to get some attention these days? Hell, I don't even want the boobs to get the attention. I was looking for the owner of the boobs to have a little help picking out a technological device that I haven't a clue as to how I should use it.

At any rate, my friend and I raced home after our shopping excursion and managed to put an entire playlist onto the player and I now have PORTABLE music. The thing is so tiny that it fits into all my pockets.

I suspect it will be lost in approximately seventeen days, but at least it will get me through the eight hour train ride to Mal's hometown this Friday.

Hurrah for new technology!

Toonses

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But you're going with Mal to her hometown! Won't the two of you spend the eight hour ride talking, giggling and other girly things?

But I'm sure you'll find other uses for your mp3 player!

10:32 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home