Saturday, December 02, 2006

In which my heart soars.....

I got to talk to Big Brother online today. It was so exciting to see his name pop up on my screen. I had to look twice because I was like, I have a contact with the same name as my brother?

But it was actually him.

He's doing fine. He is working hand in hand with the Americans over there, and he says they are pretty nice. The Americans do them favors sometimes, like fly them places. He's out of the hot spot right this moment, taking some R & R at Kandahar Air Field. They've started timing the amount of time they take on the computers, and he doesn't need any books or snacks.

Mail seems to be a little slow as he's only gotten two of my letters. I suppose this means that I will have to stop sending them at least a month before he leaves so that a bunch of letters don't get sent all the way to Afghanistan with no one to recieve them.

He hasn't yet received the pictures from deer season. When he saw my picture online he said "Is that you drinking from MY glass?" And I said yes, I was, and that was right before I went hunting with YOUR gun!

At which point he said: Did I leave the key for the trigger lock?

Ahem. I sent him a cute smiley face and ommitted some parts of the truth. He's on the other side of the world: What's he gonna do, come to my appartment and noogie me to death?

At any rate, I had a lovely twenty minute conversation with my brother, and now I feel uplifted and happy, just in time to start in on my Sociology of work project.

Toonses

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How lovely for you! Did you keep the convo? We are decorating for Christmas, horray!
SuperNan

3:22 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home