Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A Jammin' good time...

I feel so behind on all of my projects lately that I'm starting to feel frustrated with myself. The barn is not yet completely cleaned out and as I spend more time doing things around the farm, I realize that I have more and more projects to attempt.

I returned to CowTown on Saturday and have yet to clean out the car. Fortunately, I'm insane, so I own more pairs of socks and underwear than any other human being on the planet Earth. The rest of the time I've been spending in my work clothes doing this and that.

The first project was making batch after batch of jam. The Precious Boy and I made two batches of strawberry freezer jam, and I made one while he wasn't looking. Sometimes you have to be sneaky like that with little kids, because as Precious as this boy is, stirring up a big ol' bowl of fruit and sugar can turn into messy business.

I'm also proud to report that I've made my first ever cooked jam. Its the kind that you boil the shit out of over a toasty warm stove while the jars sterilize themselves in the oven. The jam seems to have set, although I no longer have feeling in the fingers on my left hand, thanks to all the boiling burn-a-licious-ness. I soothed them with an icy cold beer and they seem a little happier now.

I'm sad to report that I have not yet A) been in contact with a farrier or B) been riding my horse since my return. The jam seems to have completely buried me because it TAKES SO FRICKIN LONG TO MAKE.

I blame the jam.

That's my story.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blaaaame it on the jam, yeah yeah!

Welcome home, Amanda.

1:43 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home